Site & Community Programme Development 2017 - 2018
Views From The Footbridge Crossing Wolverhampton Road
Based in the multi-ethnic, inner city area of Heath Town, NTCG Harvest Temple is a part of the local community – serving its needs. The church has a dedicated volunteer base and is developing its sites to increase its potential social/economic contribution to the area. The church's doors are open to all, providing a wide range of activities in addition to worship for all ages and genders – community conferences, concerts, drama productions, cultural events, public meetings, etc. Better facilities would enable the further delivery of needed services and the expanse of existing programmes such as:
- Referrals from JobCentre Plus, Social Services and other agencies. 40 to 60 people access the food bank weekly. It is supported primarily by the congregation, plus Asda - Heath Town, Sainsburys - Bentley Bridge, Tesco Community Food Connection (Wolverhampton) - via FareShare, St Stephens Primary School and Holy Trinity Church.
- Focuses on young people aged 18 - 29 who have been out of work, training or education for 12 months and who require additional support to overcome specific barriers to employment. Talent Match has the following thematic groups: young offenders; young carers/parents; travelling families; disabled young people; young people engaged in substance misuse; those who are homeless. The project works with non-Job Seekers Allowance (JSA), as well as JSA claimants and those on any other out of work benefits.
- Serving approximately 200 cups of soup to students, parents and local residents.
- This initiative has received support from the local Police, the Lord Mayor of Wolverhampton and the MP for Wolverhampton North East.
HOPE Seniors Citizens Club
- A collective of community organisations providing services for senior citizens who meet monthly at the centre.
- Examples of training opportunities include: Safeguarding, Prison Chaplains, Children and Youth Workers, etc.
Community Christmas Day Lunch
- Free lunch every Christmas Day. Attended by homeless people and those new to the area.
- Free barbeque and family fun day every August Bank Holiday.
- Free Finance Management Course delivered by members of the church.
1. Church Building, 173 Wednesfield Road, WV10 0EN.
The focal point for church services, meetings and social events.
The congregation has outgrown the 275 seat capacity of this building.
2. New Trust Centre, 1 Wolverhampton Road, WV10 0PD.
Currently used to deliver community programmes, training and for social gatherings.
3. Recently purchased factory -
Hallmarket Turf Machinery Ltd, 32/29 Woden Road, WV10 0AU.
1. Reconfigure 173 Wednesfield Road for use by community organisations and its stakeholders.
2. Erect a new 500-seater Worship Hall and Heritage Centre with modern facilities in front of the existing New Trust Centre. The Centre with 41 car park spaces will be retained and its community and training programmes expanded.
3. Demolish and clear the factory site to form a new 70 space car park and multi-use game area (MUGA) with football and basketball pitches.
Based on professional advice and guidance, the total project costs are estimated at £1.6 million. Harvest Temple aims to raise £1 million through its own fundraising. This leaves £0.6 million to complete the project. It is our intention to commence this project November 2017 and complete it by 2018.
Please consider contributing to this exciting development at Harvest Temple. We would welcome your donations, which can be made online by visiting https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/harvesttemple and selecting ‘Donate Now’.
|If you are a UK taxpayer, you can Gift Aid your donation and increase its value by 25% because NTCG Harvest Temple can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gift at no extra cost to you.|
Alternatively, you can donate as follows:
1. Payment by Standing Order:
If you would like to send a regular donation by standing order, please get in touch on 01902 453 190 or email@example.com and we will send you a form.
2. Send a cheque payable to ‘New Testament Church of God’ to:
NTCG Harvest Temple, 173 Wednesfield Road, Heath Town, Wolverhampton, WV10 0EN.
Gift Aid Declaration Form
3. Leaving a Legacy
Remember NTCG Harvest Temple in your will. Click here to find out more.
Thank you for your prayers and support.
For further information contact:
Mrs Merle Blake: 07944 164279
Church: 01902 453 190 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Charity: 250306
A member of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland (CTBI) and Evangelical Alliance (EA)